Registration for the XIII Musical Pilgrims International Contest will be open until 15/03/2023.
AWARDS: 6 places to be part of the XIII Musical Pilgrims Festival
Audience Award € 1,000
Concerts in emblematic stages of Santiago de Compostela
Concert as a soloist with the Royal Philharmonic of Galicia
Concert with a cache of € 500
The jury is made up of musicians of recognized international prestigeThe XIII Musical Pilgrims contest is convened
It will be online and is aimed at all nationalities and all instruments, including voice.
- All musicians of any nationality up to 24 years old can participate. (They may not have turned 25 years old before the end of the registration date). Divided into two categories:
A: young Galician artists
B: young national and international artists
- Registration in the contest entails full acceptance of the rules and consent to the processing of data, images and videos. The organization reserves the right to publish this information on its channels.
- Performers who have already played with the Royal Philharmonic in previous editions may not participate.
- The candidate, in case of being the winner, undertakes to attend the events of the XIII Musical Pilgrims Festival (last week of June/first of July), except for a circumstance of force majeure. In case of not attending the Festival, he will lose all rights.
- The Jury’s decisions are unappealable.
- Except for duly justified force majeure, the registration fee will not be refunded.
- Travel, maintenance and accommodation expenses are borne by the contestant.
- The registration period will be from the publication of these rules until March 15, 2023.
- On March 16, each contestant will be sent a KEYWORD, which they must say in the video and will have a period of one week to do it, upload it to YouTube and send the link to the organization. In the case of not doing it within the term, she will lose the right of selection and registration.
- The accompanying pianist at the festival is the responsibility of the organization. In case the contestant wants to perform with his pianist, he is at the contestant’s expense.
- The accompanying pianist for the video recording is the responsibility of the participant.
- The registration fee is € 60.
It will consist of two parts:
- Free program (10′ to 30′): For instrumentalists and vocalists, a work for solo instrument is mandatory.
- Solo work with orchestra: a movement or movements of a concert of free choice. It must be suitable for the staff of the Real Filharmonía de Galicia orchestra.
There should be TWO videos. One with the free repertoire and the other with the work for soloist and orchestra.
You can’t have polite or edits.
The contestant must clearly say the keyword.
The jury will be made up of musicians and people related to the musical world of recognized international prestige.
The results will be published on 01/04/2023 in the official channels of the festival.
- 6 invitations to be part of the XIII Musical Pilgrims Festival (2 shared recitals, a solo concert with the Real Filhamonía de Galicia).
- Public Grand Prix: €1,000
- Recital within the programming of the Musical Pilgrims Association. Cache €500 (VAT included)