XI COMPETITION MUSICAL PILGRIMS 2021
For the first time, the XI Musical Pilgrims Competition is organized online and internationally.
Dates of the Competition: 8 – 15 of June 2021 (online). Closing date: 07 Jun 2021.
All musicians of any nationality and instrument, up to 24 years old, can participate.
The repertoire is free.
The prizes will consist of participation in the Musical Pilgrims Festival, which includes:
- A solo performance with the Symphony Orchestra «Real Filharmonía de Galicia»
- An audience award of 1,000 euros
- 6 Diplomas “Winner of the International Competition” and participation diplomas to all participants.
- Other concerts within the framework of the Festival*.
*The Festival will take place in Santiago de Compostela, Spain at 11 – 19 of September 2021
Registration until June 7
- All musicians of any nationality up to 24 years old can participate. Divided into two categories:
A: 11-16 years old.
B: 17-24 years old.
- Performers who have already played with the Real Filharmonía de Galicia in previous editions of the Festival will not be able to participate in the contest.
- The registration period will be from the publication of these bases until June 7.
- On June 8, each contestant will be sent a KEYWORD, which they must say in the video and will have until June 15 at 23:59 to do it, upload it to any of the platforms (youtube, google drive, etc.) and send the link to the organization. In the event of not doing so within the established period, the right of selection and registration will be lost.
- Registration in the contest implies full acceptance of the bases and consent to the processing of data, images and videos. The organization reserves the right to publish these materials on its channels.
- The Jury’s decisions are unappealable.
- The registration fee is 85 euros. Except for Force Majeure duly justified, the registration fee will not be refunded.
- The candidate, in case of being the winner, agrees to attend the Festival events in which it is scheduled. In case of not accepting all the commitments, he may be disqualified.
- The accompanying pianist, at the festival, is in charge of the organization. In case the contestant wants to perform with his pianist, he is the contestant’s responsibility.
- The documentation must be sent through the registration form found on the web: https://peregrinosmusicales.com/inscripcion-2021
- Travel, living and accommodation expenses are borne by the contestant
- In the event that the Festival is suspended due to Force Majeure, the festival organization undertakes to call it on other dates or return the registration fee to the winners.
- It will consist of a free repertoire of a minimum of 10 minutes and up to a maximum of 30 minutes, with solo instrument works (with or without accompanying pianist), being mandatory for instrumentalists at least one piece for instrument solo.
- Work for solo instrument and orchestra *. Both a movement and the entire concert can be presented.
* The orchestra template is as follows: www.rfgalicia.org/es/integrantes-rfg-2/, make sure that your work is compatible with the template, in case the work requires reinforcements in the template, check with the organization (email@example.com).
- It should be TWO videos. One with the soloist repertoire and the other with the work for soloist and orchestra.
- It cannot have cuts or edits.
- The camera must be fixed.
- The contestant must clearly state the keyword sent by the organization before the performance.
- The description of the video on YouTube must include: name of the participant, category to which it is presented and age, name of the contest, works, author, opus and minutes of each work.
- The participant must be seen in full at all times.
- At the beginning of the video, at the moment of saying the keyword, the candidate must lower the mask, if wearing it.
- The accompanying pianist in the video of the contest is the responsibility of the participant, being mandatory if the work requires it.
Through the registration form on this page.
- Once the documentation has been received and reviewed, an email will be sent confirming the registration for the contest.
- On June 7, the organization will contact the participants to provide them with the keyword to use in the video recording.
- The contestant must upload the videos to the platform and once uploaded, they must send the two links to the organization in a single email, before TUESDAY, JUNE 15 AT 11:59 p.m.
The jury will be made up of internationally renowned musicians and people related to the musical world.
The results will be published in the official channels of the Contest the 3rd week of June.
PARTICIPANTS IN THE FESTIVAL
Those selected in the XI Musical Pilgrims Contest, the winners of the Musical Pilgrims Scholarships, from 2019 Summer Courses and professional musicians of recognized international prestige.
THREE identical prizes will be awarded in each category, if not all the prizes are awarded in one of them, they may be awarded in the other.
They will consist of participation in several of the concerts of the Musical Pilgrims Festival including one as a soloist with the Real Filharmonía de Galicia.
Prize of the public sponsored by the Xunta de Galicia: 1000 euros.
The winner will be chosen by the public attending the concert. The participants in this concert will be ALL the musicians who have entered a festival place through a contest or scholarship.
The jury reserves the right to NOT award all the prizes.
The award ceremony will take place on the day of the concert of the participants with the Royal Philharmonic of Galicia.
Some error has occured.